Saturday 20 November 2010

Now the weather's getting cold outside.....

There is a flutter of excitement in my tummy already just thinking about decorating the house for Christmas, German Markets, choosing gifts for friends and family, the scent of mulled cider, carols drifting out of Churches and of course roast turkey with all the trimmings. My mouth is watering as I type. I love this time of year and as I prepare to spend my first Christmas in Belfast my mind has been drawn to thinking of all the family traditions I might miss at home, and the new traditions I am able to create! 




I think family and traditions have inspired the Christmas collection which I have been busily creating, packing up and sending off to various shops and customers around the country. As I deliver packages of all shapes and sizes to the post office I am reminded of the excitement that accompanies opening both expected and unexpected parcels at this time of year. Paper trees illustrating the tale of The Fir Tree by Hans Christian Anderson make great table centre that can be brought out year after year. Candelabra and bell hanging decorations look beautiful on a traditional tree but also work well hanging from a mantle piece, in a doorway, or used as napkin rings. Traditions are all very well but don't let them dictate decorations this year, why be creative with your decorations and brighten up unexpected corners of your home.

In particular I delighted to meet Debbie Bryan at last month's Great Northern who has devoted a whole stand to The Book Tree Press in her shop near the Lace Market in Nottingham. Pop in and say hello if you are near by.

Debbie Bryan Studio and Shop
18 St Mary's Gate
The Lace Market
Nottingham NG1 1PF

Her shop looks so beautiful online that I really wanted to deliver the stock in person so that I could have a chance to look around.

Along with showing off papery Christmas gifts in shops I will be taking part in a number of Christmas Fairs where shoppers will be able to spend a festive morning picking up some beautiful hand crafted bargains.

Look out for me at:

Bellevue Chapel Christmas Market
Saturday 4 December 10am -12 noon
Rodney Street
Edinburgh EH7 4EL

Bookmarket at The Fruitmarket Gallery
Thursday 9 December 6.30 - 10 pm
45 Market Street
Edinburgh EH1 1DF
0131 225 2383

Magpie Market at The Lot
Sunday 12 December 12 - 5 pm
4 - 6 Grassmarket
Edinburgh

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...